Flowers for My Valentine

Hi everyone!

Happy Valentine's day! I know it's late but i though why not?
For those who celebrated the Valentine's day, i hope you and your SO will stay lovey-dovey everyday! And those who didn't, it's okay! I myself didn't celebrate Valentine's day too because i don't mind that day. But i did get a bouquet and a chocolate bar. I do know who sent me that, i even got it last year. I don't know why he gave me those, but i'm quite thankful! I never got anything sweet like that, so i'm impressed someone actually sends me something like that.

I got a bouquet of blue roses and baby's breath flowers. It's a rare and expensive one, so i'm happy to get something like that. I wish that i could post the picture, but my phone is on service, and i can't snap any photos. So anyway, talking about Valentine.

Valentine in some of the religions is harmed and something that you can't celebrate. In my country, most of the people do celebrate it as a part of holiday and loving day. But some people, won't say what their religion is, and some of them are saying they're Moslem are speaking against Valentine. I understand why, but what i don't understand is some of them actually mad and crazily against it. Like a few days before Valentine, i was in the chocolate rack in one supermarket. The lady/mom next to me was looking at me with disgust drawn on her face. I was like, "sorry, Maam. why are you looking at me like that?" She answer with "oh nothing. do you celebrate Valentine?" aaand the conversation goes with this.

M = me.
L = the lady.

M : "Oh no. *laughs* i don't celebrate Valentine because i have no SO."
L : "Oh good!"
M : "But why bother asking, maam?"
L  : "Because Valentine is illegitimate and causing sins. You must not celebrate it."

At this point i was offended not because i'm annoyed. I'm more like what the fuck? So when i went to the cashier to pay what i bought, the lady that was having conversation with me actually move to my side, with anger on her face yelled at me, saying i'm Christian and i'm not an example of good girl because i bought bunch of chocolates. (The chocolate was on sale that's why!)

I just don't get it. It's okay with you not celebrating Valentine's, but why bothering another religions? I'm so angry because of that, but i was like okay might be she's on her PMS or something like that. Also what i don't get is, what's the connection between chocolates and Valentine's? I know people give chocolates as gift on Valentine's day, but it's not an item that has any connection right?

The point of what i'm posting now is, don't act like a stupid person. This is a modern era, not a westernized era. There's a different *at least that's what my Sociology teacher told me*. Just go flow with what's currently happening. Don't be a hypocrites, acts against it but still celebrates it. Like how most people say that Christmas is wrong, but still wanting holiday on 25th December. Or those people who say that Chinese New Year is haram because it's Chinese's people day, but still asking for Hong Bao and day off. Those are hypocrites, and i really hate people like that. I have few of them on my FB friends, so i hope they will learn from what i write here.

I might be busy a few days ahead! My choir team and i are going to be in a competition on 5/3/2016. Counting the days, it's not a long amount of the time. I'm tired, some of the things that i usually did are not as active as before. But it'd be a great chance to go on public and sing!

I'm going to try and take some rest, i'm dead tired right now. See you guys around!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review : Beautylabo Hair Color - Raspberry Pink

REVIEW: MINISO / WE BARE BEARS COLLECTION / Pore Strip

Review: Skin1004 Madagascar Centella Asiatica Toner & Ampoule, COSRX Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence