The Dilemma of Fake-up.

Holla, everyone.

Today is another important day for us girls here in Indonesia because today is Kartini's Day. A little story about how we ended up celebrating this day as Kartini's Day, when it was still colonial years back then girls weren't allowed to get education, jobs, and all the things that "belongs" to boys. Then, there's Kartini, a girl who fought for the girls' right to get education and jobs. She was like "listen to me, y'all. Girls are allowed to go to school too, not only working behind the kitchen." And since then, us girls get to go to school and studying as well as boys. 

So, that's a little story about her. But the reason why I write this down is because, I'm simply annoyed. What makes me annoyed? Fake make-up. When I was in a mall, I went to this girly kind of stores, I guess if you live in Indonesia you'll know right away. I was looking for a hair ties because I broke mine and I need some too, and I decided to go to the make-up section. I was shocked for a minute, that they have Urban Decay's Naked Palette, but shockingly, it's Urban Decay Naked 5 and I was like "the f*** is this? did UD releases a new palette?" but then again, as far as I remember there's no more palette with number after Naked 3, and the latest one is what I have, which is Smokey Palette. And I bravely, asked the store keeper, "is this the latest one?" and guess what, she answered with a confident "yes!" I looked at her for a few minutes, trying hard not to make the RBF. *read : resting bitch face*

And the funny thing is, the palette is really freakin cheap. Like if you see the website it costs more than $30, and it's quite expensive if you bought them here. I got mine for almost IDR 700,000,- which mean expensive, and my mom bought them for me *thanks mom!*. And when I saw the price, it's only IDR 250,000,- *face palm*.

I'm not stating that cheap make-up are fake, no. Drugstore make-up like Maybelline, NYX, Revlon, Bourjois, Tony Moly, and other make-up brands are not as expensive as UD, but they're not fake. If you can afford to buy the cheap, fake make-up, why don't you just save your money until you can actually buy the real one?

Because here's the thing, fake make-up products are mainly dangerous. I've seen several posts stating that they're in danger when using the products. Some people actually get irritated from the fake products. And they're just not good for you. Who knows that chemicals they used to the products. What if they use the dye that supposed to be on clothes? 

I myself have a very minimum money for make-up, so I tend to buy stuffs that I can actually afford. Or if my mom would buy them for me, which is nearly rare. Because most of her make-up will be mine one day, either because she doesn't want to use them anymore, or just giving them to me instead of me buying a new exact product. 

I actually understand that some people want to show to the world that they can "afford" them? Like, if you have palettes from A brand, you'll be labelled as a rich person. I know, that happens at least once or twice, and I often overheard girls saying "I'll buy this one so my friends won't bullied me again." Like what's that for? You don't use fake products if you'll be using them regularly. In any cases, you just can't use anything that will harms your face one day, because you'll be paying more than you thought you would. 

I think it's better to not have it at all, rather than having them but not the actual one. Choose wisely girls! Because your face is everything you'd never want to destroy, it won't grow back just like before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review : Beautylabo Hair Color - Raspberry Pink

REVIEW: MINISO / WE BARE BEARS COLLECTION / Pore Strip

Review: Skin1004 Madagascar Centella Asiatica Toner & Ampoule, COSRX Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence